Our strength lies in the diversity of our emergency management education and experience.
Our Members enjoy the following benefits:
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with hundreds of emergency management professionals in multiple disciplines.
- Access to forums on best practices, lessons learned, and current issues in emergency management.
- Collaboration with Cal OES and other emergency management organizations to encourage leadership development, promote professionalism, and support strategic planning for the future of emergency management.
- Monitoring of state and federal legislation and regulations, as well as activities, trends, and other issues affecting the emergency management community.
- Provisions for the awareness of the roles and responsibilities of emergency managers through outreach to other organizations and disciplines.
Professional Development and Education
- Wide-ranging educational programs, online training seminars, and workshops conducted by subject matter experts and key individuals in the emergency management field.
- Leadership development opportunities in serving on various CESA committees.
- Discounts and priority access to the CESA Annual Training and Conference; the premiere emergency management conference in California.
Resources and Other Member Benefits
- Members-only access to an online resource library containing emergency management toolkits, articles, grant information, and prospective employment opportunities.
- A quarterly newsletter providing timely information on current emergency management initiatives, legislative issues, and agency news at the local, regional, tribal, state, and federal levels.
- A comprehensive mentorship program designed for emergency management professionals in all career stages.
- Recognition of innovative programs and excellence in emergency management through the CESA Awards Program.
CESA Membership Levels:
- Individual Membership:
- Organizational Membership:
- Minimum of two members
- $65 per person annually
- Benefactor Membership:
- Six members
- $1,000 annually
- Student Membership:
- One member
- Full-time student (12 units per semester)
- $25 annually
- CESA is organized into three geographic Chapters – Inland, Coastal and Southern.
- By joining CESA, you automatically become a member of the chapter covering your area.
- Each Chapter has regularly scheduled Board meetings and holds informational seminars and training sessions throughout the year.